Resale Certificates and Drop Shipping Demystified
When it comes to drop shipping, calculating sales tax is often a complex issue when you consider tax rate and rule changes, nexus, and certificate exemptions.
Learn the sales tax basics that will demystify drop shipping and provide best practices for certificate management.
What you'll learn:
- Who pays the tax and who issues the certificate.
- Which state’s rate applies and which certificate needs to be collected.
- The nine states where you may have to register to issue a certificate.
- What documentation you may be able to provide if you are not registered in a state.
- The common errors when accepting resale certificates.
- The consequences of not getting it right.
- Some best practices for certificate management.
Two ways to download:
Gain immediate access to all of CPA.com's content by logging in with your AICPA account.
No account? Follow the link above and click "Register" to sign up.
Bypass the registration process and fill out the form below for one-time access to this content.
* indicates required field