Ease of Use, Efficiency and Confidence in Proper Documentation Seen as Key Elements of Preparation, Compilation and Review Engagement Solution
NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. (Dec. 4, 2018)
– Early-adopter CPA firms are confirming the effectiveness and value of OnPoint PCR, a smart, cloud-based solution that transforms how CPA firms conduct preparation, compilation and review engagements.
Launched this past summer, OnPoint PCR was jointly developed by CPA.com, the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and CaseWare International Inc. By integrating content and methodology into a leading cloud platform, OnPoint PCR allows firms to enhance engagement quality while being more productive.
The dynamic solution eliminates unnecessary steps and offers tailored, intelligent guidance for everything from drafting a customized engagement letter and report to documenting specific procedures.
"I have been using super-long checklists for years, and it is a lot of work to pare down those guides into what's relevant for my practice," said Jennifer J. Mansfield, CPA, a sole practitioner based in Tucson, Ariz. "That’s why the minute I saw the OnPoint PCR solution, I knew it would be a game-changer for me."
The solution takes aim at the pain points where firms are struggling the most:
- Guidance is built in to enhance practitioners’ professional judgment and help them avoid common pitfalls, giving them the tools and confidence to get their work done.
- OnPoint PCR’s checklists are active and dynamic, working behind the scenes as practitioners move through the process, showing only relevant procedures and requirements based upon the information provided.
- Requests for client information are embedded directly into the solution, making it simple to get the right data at the right time as part of a natural workflow.
- Integrated content and methodology reduces anxiety for firms that recognize they are overworking engagements but still fear being non-compliant.
- Direct imports of popular online client accounting products, such as QuickBooks and Xero, give firms access to what they need without requiring clients to export trial balance data in advance.
"The first thing that caught my eye with OnPoint PCR is how you can fill out the engagement acceptance form, and it completes your engagement letter and representation letter for you automatically," said Amanda VanKleeck, CPA, quality control director of Varney & Associates, CPAs, LLC, of Manhattan, Kan. "It takes the extra step out of manually reconciling the checklists and the letters. You really put in less effort to get the work done."
Content is automatically updated as standards evolve, giving practitioners more confidence and peace of mind that they are in compliance. "Firms often talk to me about the anxiety of keeping up with standards," said Carl Peterson, the AICPA’s vice president of small firm interests. "With OnPoint PCR, you’re guided with current standards as they change, eliminating excess work. That should help reduce anxiety and increase the firm’s bottom line."
OnPoint PCR was a recipient of CPA Practice Advisor’s 2018 Tax & Accounting Technology Innovation Award earlier this year. For more information about the solution, please visit cpa.com/onpoint.
CPA.com brings innovative solutions to the accounting profession, either in partnership with leading providers or directly through its own development. The company has established itself as a thought leader on emerging technologies and as the trusted business advisor to practitioners in the United States, with a growing global focus.
Our company’s core mission is to drive the transformation of practice areas, advance the technology ecosystem for the profession, and lead technology research and innovation efforts for practitioners.
A subsidiary of the American Institute of CPAs, the company is also part of the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, the world’s most influential organization representing the profession. For more information, visit CPA.com.