Inform Your CAS Practice Strategy with Insights from the
CAS Benchmark Survey
CPA.com, AICPA PCPS
CAS Benchmark Survey
The 2022 CAS Benchmark Survey is now open for participation!
Participation in the CAS Benchmark Survey provides an opportunity for you to work on your business – first, by reviewing the data about your practice in preparation to take the survey, and later, when you can review your practice’s data compared to other CAS practices and CAS top performers.
Here’s how you can get started:
- Identify a primary point-person who will complete the survey
- Having one person do data entry will prevent CPA.com from having to merge multiple accounts, potentially corrupting your data submission
- Enables the point-person to plan the time needed to collect and verify data before entering it into the survey platform by July 31st
- Log in at casbenchmarksurvey.com and download the 2022 questions to review
- Review the client list in your CAS practice and determine the types of services you’re providing
- Determine how revenue data can be obtained for your practice
- Costs, including labor, technology, and overhead costs billed to the CAS practice
- Staffing, not including support services like shared IT or shared marketing
What is the CAS Benchmark Survey?
Client Advisory Services (CAS) are the fastest growing in the profession, and many firms are looking for the best ways to measure their practices. CPA.com and AICPA PCPS have partnered to gather the benchmarks for CAS and develop CAS KPIs and best practices based on data from firms across the country.
The latest survey is now open, and includes sections focusing on firm growth, staffing, services, and the use of technology.
Why participate in the survey?
Gather data to build a business case and gain buy-in for changes to drive practice growth
Identify the KPI’s that truly define a successful CAS practice
Learn how your CAS practice compares to others in the profession
Gather benchmarking data to compare your practice to organizations of varying size and make-up
Receive access to personalized, detailed reporting in the survey platform
The results for participating firms will be available in a spreadsheet with benchmarks broken out by CAS Net Client Fees, CAS Practice Type, and by Top Performers, providing perspective on key performance indicators of CAS practices across the nation.
Previous Survey Reports Available Here:
2020 CAS Benchmark Survey Full Report
2018 CAS Benchmark Survey Full Report
Thank you for your interest in the CAS Benchmark Survey.
Building a future ready firm
The accounting landscape is changing rapidly and one word—complexity—defines both the greatest challenge and opportunity for CPAs. To keep pace with client expectations, firms are rethinking their strategies for practice management, client services and talent development.
CPA.com is your primary source for taking the complexity out of moving your firm into the digital arena – enabling you to focus on growing your business with the smartest solutions in our profession.