When you become an accountant, you add a fifth season to your year. Nestled between winter and spring is tax season, a busy and often stressful time when accounting professionals need all the resources they can get to stay on top of critical payroll, tax, and HR issues that could impact their clients.
Paychex knows that acting as clients’ most trusted advisors during tax season and year-round can come with immense pressure; that’s why we’re offering a helping hand in the form of easily accessible, informative tools and resources built specifically for CPAs’ unique needs.
Here’s a rundown of helpful tax season resources from Paychex:
- For an accountant, the right knowledge can make all the difference in increasing productivity levels and building client relationships. Powered by CCH and provided by Paychex, the online Accountant Knowledge Center features federal and state tax resources, payroll and HR news, free online CPE courses, CCH tax briefings, 150+ financial calculators, the Master Tax Guide, and more.
- The nature of tax regulations is that they change every year. The robust 2017 Online U.S. Master Tax Guide, published by CCH and accessible through the Paychex Accountant Knowledge Center, reflects federal taxation changes that affect 2016 returns, provides answers to tax-related questions and explains the new rules established by court decisions and the IRS.
- Part of being a client’s most trusted advisor is having all the necessary information at your fingertips. Paychex Tax Facts provides access to federal and state-specific payroll and retirement rate information, allowing accountants to customize a client-facing version with their firm name.
- The 2017 Federal Tax Key Facts and Figures includes everyday reference information, such as tax rates and deduction information, that accountants will find valuable not only during tax season, but all year long.
- With client permission, the Paychex Report Library provides accountants a single source for more than 160 easily generatable and exportable reports, including employee earnings records, W-2s, federal and state tax returns, and more.
- Again, with client permission, accountants can access payroll, retirement, and benefits data any time, from anywhere with the Paychex Flex® Mobile App for smartphones and tablets. The app allows accountants to view their Paychex data, customize report favorites, and easily view and toggle between multiple clients.
For more information on the resources Paychex can provide you and your firm visit www.paychex.com/accounting-professionals.
Andy Childs is the vice president of Marketing at Paychex, a leading provider of human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, retirement, and insurance services.