There’s a good chance some of your clients qualify for the Employee Retention Tax Credit (ERTC), a refundable tax credit that rewards businesses up to $26,000 per employee. But many who qualify for the credit are waiting in frustration for the IRS to issue the money. Between high interest in the credit and historic capacity issues at the IRS, significant ERTC delays are the norm today. According to a March 2022 report in The Wall Street Journal, “employers are waiting as much as six to 10 months for the IRS to process claims.” For clients who were depending on those funds, that’s a big deal.
A new way to help your clients fast: ERTC loans
ERTC loans are now available through the CPA Business Funding Portal, the business financing solution from CPA.com and fintech leader Biz2Credit that’s used by 6,000+ CPAs and small business advisors. The portal was created to support CPA firms helping clients secure government-backed business relief through the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and helped businesses obtain approximately 40,000 PPP loans totaling more than $1 billion in business relief. Since then, it’s expanded to include additional financing types such as term loans, working capital – and now, ERTC loans.
The new ERTC loan option allows you to fill a pressing need for clients immediately, so they can put this critical funding to work. Features of the all-new ERTC Loan include:
- Loan amounts up to 65% of ERTC total
- Approval in 5 days or less
- Useability for a broad range of business expenses
- Interest-only repayments for up to 12 months
- 6 – 36-month terms
The CPA Business Funding Portal empowers you to expand your Client Advisory Services (CAS) offering into Financing Advisory Services – applying your knowledge as a trusted advisor to help clients secure financing that enables them to reach their overall business goals faster and more efficiently. The ERTC loan is a perfect example of how a firm can add client value and increase firm revenue through this service.
Why should clients go through you, their accountant, for financing?
Sure, they could go to a bank and secure a loan the old-fashioned way. But there are numerous benefits unique to the portal which add value to your client’s financing experience:
- Streamlined process and fast turnarounds. This is a fintech-driven solution, so both firms and clients can avoid the hassle of navigating the endless back-and-forth of traditional lending models.
- Improved bankability for clients. The success of the PPP showed that businesses working with CPAs are better positioned, more prepared and qualify more quickly for lending than businesses that go it alone. The result? Better rates and loan structures for clients working with CPAs.
- Expanded access to a wide range of financing. Financing products such as term loans, working capital, commercial real estate loans, and ERTC loans are all available to your clients through the portal. SBA 7(a) and SBA Express loans are expected in a future release, making it possible for firms to support and advise clients with a full portfolio of fintech financing products.
Plus, firms can add an extra revenue stream by earning commissions and receiving annual benefits. Multiple earning models means your relationship with your client works exactly how you want it to. Some firms offset costs by earning commissions on client applications that are funded. However, for firms receiving commissions, disclosure is often necessary. Other firms decide to opt out of receiving commissions and offset costs through a holistic client billing strategy. You can truly customize your path on your financing advisory journey.
To learn more about how you can help your clients reach their business goals through financing advisory services, visit www.cpaloanportal.com.