Netflix Co-Founder and IBM Data Science Director Among Keynote Speakers for Dec. 4-6 Event
NEW YORK (Aug. 16, 2017) – Artificial intelligence, blockchain and the continued evolution of data analytics are all expected to reshape the accounting profession, and CPA firms looking to gain insight into these changes can hear from a broad lineup of tech leaders at this year’s Digital CPA Conference, an event run by the American Institute of CPAs and its technology subsidiary, CPA.com.
This year’s conference will be in San Francisco, one of the world’s most vibrant technology hubs. The Dec. 4-6 event, held in collaboration with CalCPA at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis, will include tracks for leadership development and practice management, as well as technical discussions on accounting technology.
Speakers at the event include:
- Marc Randolph, Netflix co-founder, who will discuss how CPA firms can embrace innovation and start thinking like startups
- Leon Katsnelson, director and chief technology officer of the IBM Strategic Partnership for Data Science, who will speak about the practical applications of artificial intelligence in the accounting profession
- Ron Quaranta, chairman of the Wall Street Blockchain Alliance, who will give a primer on blockchain and digital ledgers
- Richard Price, research associate at the Clayton Christensen Institute for Disruptive Innovation, who will discuss disruption in professional education and how that applies to accounting
- John O’Leary, motivational speaker and author of “On Fire: The 7 Choices to Ignite a Radically Inspired Life”
- Barry C. Melancon, CPA, CGMA, president and CEO of the American Institute of CPAs, who will give an update on issues affecting the accounting profession
- Erik Asgeirsson, president and CEO of CPA.com, who will give a “state of the union” on Digital CPA trends.
The Digital CPA Conference is designed for CPA firm partners, managers and members of client accounting services teams, staffers responsible for rolling out cloud solutions for practitioners, and business development, firm marketing and human resources directors within firms.
Reporters interested in covering the event can apply for on-site press credentials or make arrangements to hear live broadcasts remotely. Members of the media can contact Jeff May, firstname.lastname@example.org, for more details.
For more information about the conference, please visit digitalcpa.com/dcpa17.
CPA.com offers a growing list of products and services for practice management, client advisory services and professional development. The company has established itself as a thought leader on cloud technology and has been a driving force around the reemergence of virtual CFO/controller services by firms.
The RIVIO Clearinghouse, a joint venture between CPA.com and Confirmation.com, is an online financial document clearinghouse that enables private businesses to exchange key financial information with lenders and investors.
CPA.com is a majority-owned subsidiary of the American Institute of CPAs, the world’s largest member body representing the accounting profession. For more information, visit CPA.com.
About the American Institute of CPAs
The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) is the world’s largest member association representing the CPA profession, with more than 418,000 members in 143 countries, and a history of serving the public interest since 1887. AICPA members represent many areas of practice, including business and industry, public practice, government, education and consulting. The AICPA sets ethical standards for its members and U.S. auditing standards for private companies, nonprofit organizations, federal, state and local governments. It develops and grades the Uniform CPA Examination, offers specialized credentials, builds the pipeline of future talent and drives professional competency development to advance the vitality, relevance and quality of the profession.
The AICPA maintains offices in New York, Washington, DC, Durham, NC, and Ewing, NJ.
Media representatives are invited to visit the AICPA Press Center at www.aicpa.org/press.
About the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
The Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (the Association) is the most influential body of professional accountants, combining the strengths of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) to power opportunity, trust and prosperity for people, businesses and economies worldwide. It represents 650,000 members and students in public and management accounting and advocates for the public interest and business sustainability on current and emerging issues. With broad reach, rigor and resources, the Association advances the reputation, employability and quality of CPAs, CGMAs and accounting and finance professionals globally.