Program Fosters Emerging Technologies that Benefit the Accounting and Finance Profession
NEW YORK (Feb. 28, 2023) – Today the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) and CPA.com announced its 2023 Startup Accelerator cohort at a kick-off meeting held at AICPA headquarters in New York. This year’s participants include five early-stage companies pursuing a variety of solutions in audit, accounting, tax and e-commerce.
The Startup Accelerator supports the growth of early-stage technology companies benefiting the accounting and finance ecosystem. Selected companies receive focused insight into the evolving needs of finance and accounting professionals, access to firms and finance leaders who are shaping their profession and a $25,000 grant. They also benefit from marketplace intelligence and guidance from AICPA and CPA.com senior leaders and the program’s advisory board members. Selected companies have an opportunity to showcase their solutions at AICPA & CIMA ENGAGE, the premier conference for the accounting and finance profession, to be held in June at the ARIA Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
“At CPA.com, we’re focused on empowering the accounting profession for the digital age through innovative products and solutions designed to transform their practice areas,” said Kacee Johnson, vice president – Strategy and Innovation, CPA.com. “The Accelerator program has been instrumental in helping us stay ahead of emerging trends while connecting CPA firms with leading-edge solutions uniquely tailored to meet the evolving needs of the profession.”
The 2023 cohort is comprised of the following technology solutions:
- 4impactdata – The Texas-based company created the “first ever knowledge as a service” business guidance system that equips CPA firms to be the strategic partner their business clients need. The client advisory platform is pre-built on the latest Analytics-AI cloud platform, includes industry best practices, proactive alerts and benchmarking across clients.
- Audit Sight – The company’s platform eliminates manual work for auditors, diligence and private equity providers by automating financial transaction verification. The solution automates the audit testing process and generates a GAAS-compliant workpaper.
- Synder – Based in San Francisco, the business intelligence platform for CFO and accounting professionals helps automate repetitive tasks around multi-source e-commerce data and translate it into actionable insights for businesses, enabling accountants with a monthly advisory service for their clients.
- TaxPlanIQ – Based in Texas, the SaaS software solution automates an entire tax planning engagement from selling the plan to implementing all tasks throughout the year, and educational resources to support the accountant with videos, checklists and templates of 100 tax strategies.
- VERIFYiQ – The Vancouver-based company offers solutions that augment workflow systems and CRMs to make bookkeeping more accurate and efficient, including a practice management solution that automates quality control reviews and a tool that enables sales teams to scope a potential client's books in under five minutes.
For more information about the startup accelerator, please visit cpa.com/accelerator.
CPA.com brings innovative solutions to the accounting profession, either in partnership with leading providers or directly through its own development. The company has established itself as a thought leader on emerging technologies and as the trusted business advisor to practitioners in the United States, with a growing global focus. Our company’s core mission is to drive the transformation of practice areas, advance the technology ecosystem for the profession, and lead technology research and innovation efforts for practitioners.
A subsidiary of the American Institute of CPAs, the company is also part of the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, the world’s most influential organization representing the profession. For more information, visit CPA.com.
About the American Institute of CPAs
The American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) is the world’s largest member association representing the CPA profession, with more than 431,000 members in the United States and worldwide, and a history of serving the public interest since 1887. AICPA members represent many areas of practice, including business and industry, public practice, government, education and consulting. The AICPA sets ethical standards for its members and U.S. auditing standards for private companies, nonprofit organizations, and federal, state and local governments. It develops and grades the Uniform CPA Examination, offers specialized credentials, builds the pipeline of future talent and drives professional competency development to advance the vitality, relevance and quality of the profession.